Pumpkin, carrot and coriander dip
A new addition to my collection of simple, tasty dips. This pumpkin, carrot and coriander dip is amazing – I could literally eat it by the spoonful. The coriander and lime make this a refreshing, tangy treat that you can enjoy as a dip or even on its own. Yum!
As usual by making this at home you guarantee a tasty option that is full of nutrient dense ingredients.
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 heap tbs pistachio kernels
- 1 1/2 tbs coriander leaves
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Remove the skin from the pumpkin and peel the carrots. Chop both into 2cm pieces. Melt the coconut oil and cover the vegetables. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile roughly chop the coriander leaves.
- Remove the vegetables and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the roasted vegetables, pistachio kernels, coriander leaves, olive oil and a generous squeeze of lime juice into a food processor and blend until the mix forms a smooth dip.
- Enjoy with vegetable sticks (or by the spoonful – it’s delicious!)