The perfect root vegetable mash
Who doesn’t love a rich, creamy mashed potatoes? This is a recipe that requires virtually no effort, but gives you a nutrient dense and very tasty end product. With sweet potato to add some extra minerals and vitamins and plenty of fat to help you absorb them, this is a delicious and healthy accompaniment. Serve this with any meal to make it restaurant quality and bulk up the carbohydrate.
- 4 white potatoes scrubbed
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 2 tbs butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C fan forced.
- Bake the potatoes, parsnips and carrots whole, skin on for 40mins
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. When you can peel the skin off do so and set aside.
- Place the peeled, baked vegetables in a food processor. Add the butter and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth, it should go a nice thick consistency.
- The mash should still be hot so serve straight away.