Carrot and fetta mash
If you are looking for a creamy and tasty alternative to mashed potato you’ve stumbled upon the right recipe! Using carrots instead of potato reduces the amount of carbohydrate you’re consuming without compromising nutrients or flavour. This will take no time at all and is the perfect side to any meat. The turmeric gives this an anti-inflammatory and immune boost.
Serve with any kind of meat, mine went very well with this rare steak!
- 4 carrots
- 2 tbs fetta cheese (I use sheep or goat milk fetta)
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Bake the carrots in the oven for about 40 minutes at 180°C or until tender. Poke with a fork to test.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until a smooth consistency.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.