Beetroot Parmesan and cashew dip
Another addition to my homemade dip collection. This Beetroot, Parmesan and cashew dip combination works wonderfully together. The sesame oil adds an interesting twist and as always a dash of citrus balances things perfectly. This great homemade treat will be popular at a party and might even add some fun to vegetables for kids. It’s tasty like its supermarket bought cousins, but without any of the nasty preservatives.
- 1.5 cups beetroot, peeled and chopped into 1 cm cubes
- 1/3 tbs coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts (soaked overnight if possible)
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Coat the chopped beetroot in melted coconut oil then place on a baking tray and roast for 25 minutes or until a fork goes in easily.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the beetroot and remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until the mixture is of a satisfactory consistency. Continue testing the flavour and adding salt and lemon to taste.
- Serve with veggie sticks or another appropriate dipping vessel!