These baked mushrooms are a quick and easy side that go well with most mains or make an interesting appetiser. The best thing, apart from the amazing balsamic and mushroom flavour combination, is that you can whip them up in no time at all!
After 15 minutes in the oven they are ready to go. The balsamic, feta and mushroom are an excellent combination and an easy way to impress your guests at the start of a dinner party or when you’re asked to bring a plate and want to keep things healthy!
- 4 large flat mushrooms (eg: Portabello)
- 50g feta cheese (1/4 regular size block)
- 1 tsp fresh or dried basil
- 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar – I have a spray bottle which is really handy. Any will kind do.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the mushrooms by washing and removing the stalk.
- Arrange on a baking tray. Crumble the feta cheese and distribute evenly over the mushrooms. Add a sprinkle of the basil and then drizzle with a dash of the balsamic.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish, part of a tapas meal, an appetiser or enjoy as a snack!