Warm kale and pumpkin salad
This warm kale salad was the result of me clearing out the vegetables in the fridge. The kale and pumpkin work well together and the tahini-honey dressing goes perfectly. Serve this as a side at a dinner party or as your lunch + protein.
- Half a japanese pumpkin
- 1 large bunch kale, stalks finely chopped & leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tbs pinenuts
- 3 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs organic honey
- 2 tbs tahini
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan forced.
- Wash and chop the pumpkin into 1cm cubes, including the bits with the skin. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the orange flesh is soft and a fork goes in easily.
- After 25 minutes add the pine nuts and bake them for five minutes until they are lightly browned. Remove both from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbs coconut oil in a frying pan. Add the celery, the kale stalks and a couple of grinds of pink Himalayan rock salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the kale leaves to the pan and stir into the other greens. Cook for 15 minutes or until the leaves are the desired softness. Some people prefer a more tender kale salad while others prefer more raw leaves.
- Add the pumpkin and pine nuts to the pan. Turn off the heat.
- Combine the honey and tahini in a cup, stir to mix and then pour over the kale salad.