Sweet potato hash
Whipping up a sweet potato hash for breakfast is a quick way to get a delicious and balanced meal on the table. It goes perfectly with any kind of eggs and will make a great accompaniment for leftovers!
- 4 rashers gluten free, organic & free range bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 carrots
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the bacon in a pan on low heat for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile use the grater function on a food processor to grate the sweet potato and carrots. Alternatively, use a grater.
- Add the coconut oil to the pan. Once melted throw in all the grated sweet potato and carrot. Add the spices and season very generously with salt and pepper.
- Stir to distribute the seasoning evenly. Flatten the mix down so the pan surface is covered and then cover with a lid.
- Cook for about 25 minutes stirring and the flattening the hash every five minutes or so. When it looks cooked through and is beginning to crisp it is ready to eat.
- Serve with eggs as you like them, spinach and avocado for a delicious and balanced breakfast. In the picture I had left-over hash with salad and a sausage!