Spicy chicken wings
These chicken bites are one of my simple go-to meals. They take no time to get in the oven and go well with salad, mash, roasted vegetables and anything! For best results use free range, organic chicken – the health of the chicken directly affects the health of your body. Adding plenty of butter at the end helps form a rich, spicy sauce that you can use later on other vegetables. For those who are worried about butter, STOP! Butter is full of fat-soluble vitamins and healthy short chain fats, not to mention its incredible flavour.
- 4 chicken pieces (wings and legs are best because they are the fattiest)
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbs salted butter
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan forced.
- Combine the spices in a bowl and then use to coat the chicken.
- Place the coated chicken on a tray and bake for 35 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and divide the butter over each piece. Put the chicken back in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve the chicken. The delicious buttery sauce will have spread around the tray a little so be sure to save every last bit. Drizzle some over the chicken and keep the rest to serve with things like sautéed kale at a later time.