Sides: Black pudding stacks
Black pudding is back on the menu, it’s even being touted as a ‘superfood!’ Black pudding is so flavoursome and an extremely rich source of magneisum, potassium, iron and many more essential nutritions. Here’s an easy way to incorporate some black pudding in a recipe you can serve as a great appetiser or party snack. You could even have them for breakfast if you add an egg and some leafy greens!
- 1 black pudding sausage
- 1 red pepper
- Half a block of full fat feta cheese
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the red pepper into four pieces and leave the skin on.
- Place the pepper in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the black pudding into 1cm thick slices. Fry in a non stick pan for a couple of minutes on each side.
- After 20 minutes, or when the skin begins to blister remove the pepper from oven and place in a plastic bag to sweat.
- Reduce the oven to 160°C.
- After five minutes remove the pepper from the bag and peel the skin off. Slice into thin strips.
- Arrange the black pudding slices on a baking tray then place a couple of strips of pepper on each slice. Crumble some fetta over the top then place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove and top with some chopped parsley. Enjoy warm.