Roast pumpkin and goat cheese salad
This is a delicious, easy and filling salad. I love it for lunch or as an accompaniment to meat or fish at dinner.
- 1/2 pumpkin (any type), chopped into inch cubes
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into cm cubes
- 1 red pepper cut into four pieces
- 1 tablespoon fat
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup goat cheese – preferably marinated (Meredith Valley goats cheese in Australia is fantastic)
- Extra virgin olive oil to dress
- Preheat the ovento 180°C
- Prepare pumpkin, sweet potato and pepper by coating in coconut oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until a fork goes in easily.
- Remove the vegetables. Allow the pumpkin and sweet potato to cool.
- Place the pepper in a plastic bag and allow it to ‘sweat’ for about 5 minutes. This makes it easy to remove the skin.
- Meanwhile bake the pine nuts for about 5 minutes or until they begin to go brown. Don’t forget about them because they will cook quickly!
- Remove the pepper from the bag and peel off the skin. Slice into thin strips.
- To build the salad place the spinach on a plate or in a bowl. Once the vegetables have cooled arrange them in the salad. Add the goats cheese and sprinkle the pine nuts over the top. Drizzle with olive oil and serve as an accompaniment to meat or fish.