Tasty paleo hemp protein balls
These paleo hemp protein balls are an absolute winner in terms of health, flavour and convenience. Hemp protein contains a number of essential amino acids, including methionine, tryptophan, phenylalanine, leucine and more. Essential amino acids are those that our body cannot make so we must consume them from food.
Combining this balanced protein source with cacao, maca and things like flax for extra fibre ensures you have a balanced and very tasty snack.
These balls need to be kept in the freezer so don’t take them out on a hot day!
- 1 cup nuts (I used ½ cup pecans and ½ cup macadamias)
- 10 dates
- 4 tbs cacao powder
- 4 tbs hemp protein powder
- 1 tbs cacao nibs
- 1 tbs flax seeds
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbs coconut oil (+ more if necessary)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combine and smooth. Don’t over blend or you might end up with nut butter!
- If the mix appears too dry to can add a little more coconut oil, but do so very slowly and carefully.
- Decant the mix into a bowl and place the fridge for about 15 minutes to allow the coconut oil to bring the mix together a little.
- Cover a plate in shredded coconut. Take a teaspoon of mixture and roll it into a ball. Place on a plate lined with baking paper. Leave plenty of space between the balls because they will flatten before they have frozen.
- Freeze for 30 minutes then remove and voila! Keep these in the freezer and be careful not to have them out for too long or they might melt.