Maple coated almonds
My maple salted almonds are such a tasty snack! Enjoy as a treat, because it is very hard to stop.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 tbs quality maple syrup
- Himalayan pink rock salt
- If possible soak the almonds in water (preferably filtered) with some sea salt overnight, or for as long as you can. This helps to deactivate some of the inflammatory compounds that are designed to protect the almonds from being eaten.
- Drain through a sieve to dry.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Spread the almonds on across a tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat the maple syrup in a pan on very low heat. Add the almonds and mix to coat.
- Return the almonds to the tray and sprinkle with a generous serving of rock salt.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes then remove and allow to cool.