Tasty homemade dip selection
Dips are one of my favourite snacking foods. With some vegetable sticks or some gluten free crackers (every now and then a treat is great) they can bulk up your snacks and taste great. Here are a couple of really simple combinations of vegetables, nuts, some cheese and oil.
Sweet potato and cashew homemade dip
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 tbs light in colour olive oil (for cooking)
- 120g cashews (1 cup )
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbs fresh coriander
- 4 tbs sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into 1cm cubes so they roast quickly.
- Place in the oven for about 15 minutes or until they are tender. With five minutes left, add the cashews to the roasting tray to allow them to cook slightly.
- Remove the tray and allow the sweet potato and cashews to cool.
- Meanwhile roughly chop the coriander.
- Put the sweet potato, cashews, spices, coriander and sesame oil into a food processor and blend until it forms a thick consistency.
- Serve in bowl with a topping of chopped coriander. Enjoy with vegetable sticks.
Sundried tomato pesto homemade dip
- 45g sundried tomatoes (3/4 cup) drained slightly of their oil
- 50g cup pine nuts (1/3 cup)
- 3 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs chopped basil leaves
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor. Add a drizzle of the oil from the sundried tomato jar. Blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add salt and lemon juice to achieve the flavour you like.
- Serve with vegetable sticks.