Date and almond truffles
A rich and satisfying alternative to truffles normally made with biscuit. These are so easy to whip up and sure to please people looking for a sweet, but healthy treat. You can easily make this mixture ahead of time and then store in the freezer for up to 3 months before use.
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- Boil the kettle. Place the dates and almonds in a shallow bowl and cover the dates in boiling water. Rest another plate on top to keep the heat in. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the dates and almonds and place in a food processor. Add half the coconut and half the cacao.
- Blend all the ingredients, scraping down the sides of the food processor as required. Stop when the mixture is smooth and consistent.
- Take a teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Coat in the remaining coconut and cacao.
- Continue to roll the balls (of any size you like) until you’ve used all the mixture. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.