Brussel sprouts and dates
Who said Brussel sprouts weren’t a treat!?
- 3 cups brussel sprouts, stalks removed and quartered
- 4-6 dates, chopped finely (use more if you prefer a sweeter meal)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the fat in a frying pan.
- Add the Brussel sprouts and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the dates and cover the pan so the steam softens the vegetables and dates. Reduce the heat slightly.
- Remove the lid and turn up the heat to crisp up the sprouts.
- Serve as a sweet accompaniment to any meal.