Broccoli and Stilton soup
This broccoli and stilton soup soup is rich and creamy. The stilton, which is a blue cheese from the UK gives it a sharp taste, which balances nicely with the broccoli. The presence of high quality saturated fats from the cheese and the animal fats we cook with will leave you feeling satisfied. This can be more than just a starter, its rich and filling texture means it comes close to being an entire meal – my boyfriend would disagree though! Soup can be a great meal to make in bulk and then keep in different portion sizes in the freezer. Then all you have to do is whip it out, heat it in a pan and you’re meal/ snack will be ready in no time. Enjoy.
- 2 tbs cooking fat (ghee, goose or duck fat)
- 1 onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 small potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1.5L vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 160g stilton, crumbled – or any other blue soft cheese
- Salt & pepper to season
- Heat the fat in a large saucepan.
- Sauté the onion until soft.
- Add the celery and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the potato and stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until both vegetables are soft.
- Use a stick blender or transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return to the pot and stir in about half the stilton. If necessary reheat the soup so the stilton melts.
- Serve topped with the remaining crumbled stilton.