Green power scramble
Making a nutritious, grain free breakfast needn’t take you long in the morning. You can whip up this tasty meal in less than ten minutes. Letting the vegetables soften under the pan lid means you can go and do your other morning tasks while it is cooking. Then voila, you have a nutrient dense breakfast full of high quality fats to sustain you all morning. This will be popular with everyone and ensure no crazy blood sugar changes until lunch time.
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 zucchini sliced thinly
- 2 big handfuls of kale
- 5 mushrooms sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper
- 2-4 eggs
- 1 tsp dried herbs (Italian mix, basil or oregano)
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan. Meanwhile chop the zucchini, kale and mushrooms.
- Add the vegetables and stir them lightly. Add the salt and pepper to help bring out some of the moisture from the veg.
- Cover the pan with a lid to contain the moisture so the vegetables soften. Allow the vegetables to cook on low heat for about five minutes.
- Meanwhile crack the eggs into a cup and whisk with a fork. Add the dried herbs to the egg mix then pour over the vegetables.
- Stir the egg and vegetables around the pan to cook the egg.
- Add some more salt and pepper then remove from the pan and serve with some meat, spinach or avocado, depending on how much you need for breakfast!