Baked Mediterranean vegetable mix
This mix of Italian herbs and flavours is delicious. And the best part is it only takes a few minutes to prepare. Stick all the ingredients in some foil and then bake in the oven. Voila! The perfect side dish!
- 1 red pepper (capsicum)
- 10 button mushrooms
- ½ aubergine (eggplant)
- 10 black, pitted olives in brine
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tbs balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C fan forced.
- Slice the red pepper and mushroom thinly. Place on a large sheet of foil along with the olives, oregano and splash the balsamic on. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the ingredients in the foil, seal and baked in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the mix is tender.
- Serve as part of a warm salad or as a side with meat.