Bacon wrapped dates
Bacon wrapped dates are easily one of the tastiest, most simple grain-free party snacks to whip up. The saltiness of the bacon combined with the sweetness of the dates creates a melt in your mouth flavour and the richness leaves you feeling satisfied after a just a couple. Enjoy as an appetiser or as finger food at a party.
- Pitted dates. Medjool are the most juicy and flavoursome, but any will work. I made 12, but if you’re having a party you will probably want more!
- Smoked streaky bacon (1 rasher, per 2 dates)
- 1 tootpick perdate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Slice the bacon rashers into two.
- Stretch to wrap around the dates and pierce a toothpick through the whole thing. Arrange prepared dates on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the bacon begins to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow the dates to cool very slightly before serving. They are best warm.
- If there is enough fat on the tray I HIGHLY recommend pouring it into a jar for later use. You will have yourself an amazingly flavoursome, stable* cooking fat.